The 2021 WBER Spring fundraiser is a success!
We have hit our goal of 60k!
The 2021 Spring Fundraiser has been a huge success. Due to the generosity of our listeners, we made our 5-day fundraising goal total of 60 thousand dollars. Thank you to everyone in our community who contributed your time, and money to ensure that we can remain the best in alternative music since 1985. Your song choices inspired us, your support kept us going, your memories gave us goosebumps, watered our eyes, made us laugh, and in the end, all the donations, filled us with heartfelt gratitude.
If you still would like to donate, the donation form will remain open at wber.org or you can send us a check at 2596 Baird road in Penfield, NY 14526.
In an uncertain time, this was a record-breaking fundraiser, and we could not have done it without you, our WBER family. We are all a part of the only station that matters. You’re all “a part of it.” .
The WBER spring fundraiser will be a week-long event, running from Monday, May 3rd through Friday, May 7th (and possibly into the weekend), each day with a different musical theme to make it an exciting listening experience for all.
This spring, We will be faced with our biggest fundraising goal ever, as we must raise $60,000 to keep the station operating past June 30th.
While we know our goal is a big number, we also know that the support and love of the WBER listener family, both locally and worldwide, is the absolute best. Listeners will still be to donate online 24 hours a day that week at wber.org.
- We’ll kick the fundraiser off on Monday, May 3, from 8:00 A.M.-4:00 P.M. with the ’70s versus ’90s theme. Listeners will be able to put their donation towards a song request from one of those decades.
- Tuesday’s theme will be a song from an influential album popular during your high school years versus a popular album during your post-high school/college years.
- Wednesday’s theme is 80’s new wave one-hit wonders versus guilty pleasure songs.
- Thursday’s theme will be a genre battle of Rock/Metal versus Electronic. Listeners will be able to put their donation towards a song from one of these genres.
- On Friday, May 7th, we’ll wrap things up with the final theme all about the lyrics you love in song. Listeners will be able to put their donation towards their favorite song lyrics.
Donations for our spring fundraiser can be made beginning Monday, May 3rd online via credit card, over the phone, and in the U.S. Mail.
Thank you for supporting 90.5 FM WBER, the only station that matters to help us keep broadcasting to the world, allowing us to keep the community connected and giving students an amazing opportunity in radio.
WBER is a listener and school district supported community radio station.
Serving the Rochester and Western New York area since 1985, WBER is owned and operated by the Board of Cooperative Educational Services, Monroe #1, and is a real life training ground for students from participating school districts via their radio clubs, as well as members of the community interested in learning about radio broadcasting.